Total Pageviews

Monday, November 23, 2009

Carl's Jr. and Exercise do not mix.

So today I went to my favorite Carl's Jr. It is the one by the festival center (the place with the Target and the Chipotle) and I got the new Six-Dollar Cheeseburger, which is inaccurately named, as it was only $2.95 or something. I realize that they are not supposed to be six dollars, and it is a play on words but due to inflation, many of the Six-Dollar burgers actually cost more than Six-Dollars (if you get the combo). Anyway that is beside my point.
If you are wondering why that particualr Carl's Jr. is my favorite, well, they are friendly and have excellent service. I bet you though I had some wacky explanation for liking it didn't you? Or some profound experience that happened to me at that Carl's Jr? Perhaps some shared memories of a better time spent with forgotten friends? Well, not really, they are just very good at their jobs over there. But this is also beside my point.
My point is that the food at Carl's Jr. is not very good for me. This is pretty much common knowledge to everyone, but I just thought I'd throw it out there. The thing is, this will, in no way, stop me from eating at Carl's Jr. The food is just too damn delicious. Especially the Breakfast Burger and the Six-Dollar Cheeseburger I was talking about several paragraphs ago. Well, two paragraphs ago. It was in the first sentence. Anyways, when I am eating them, I feel great, but then, in as little as five minutes, I feel awful. People often throw around the phrase "that food item disagreed with my stomach" except replacing food item with somethign relevant. Carl's Jr. food does not disagree with my stomach. Carl's Jr. food is violently opposed to my stomach's oppressive, able to hold food, regime. When it gets down there, it is outraged that it has been consumed and vows to prevent this fate from befalling any food ever again, or at least for the next several hours.
After I ate the six-dollar cheeseburger, I made the mistake of working out (hitting the heavy bag in time to "You're the Best" by Joe Esposito). Afterwards, I got the sudden urge to simultaneously vomit and pass out that I can only assume was the culmination of a sinister terrorist plot by the Six-Dollar cheeseburger to prevent me from eating dinner and/or end my life. Well, I foiled him. I had Subway for dinner and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment